I'm sure you have heard of bitcoin by now. Created in 2008 and becoming much more popular since 2012, bitcoin is a virtual currency. A new more secure kind of cryptocurrency is emerging... Darkcoin. What makes them different? Bitcoin transactions take up to an hour to occur, darkcoin - nearly instantly. Bitcoin uses a ledger system which allows anyone to view the account balances and transactions of other people, Darkcoin completely mixes up the digital fingerprints of users and obscures them from any outside view. They are both open source, however darkcoin has the first financial privacy built directly into the software. Darkcoin has also implemented multi-path routing so users can send encrypted messages.
What does all this mean? It means that darkcoin will be the fastest, most secure, most untraceable/undetectable digital currency to date. I'll be curious to see how popular this becomes over the next few months.
Sources:
Cryptocoins News
Technewsworld
I never got into Bitcoin because I didn't really see the point of it, however this sounds interesting. I currently use Paypal and have for years because of eBay, but I will definitely look into Darkcoin
ReplyDelete